Three-year undergraduate academic degree courses (Bachelor’s level or First cycle degree) strive to provide students with an understanding of the methods and general scientific content of the subjects studied. A degree is awarded upon completion of 180 credits (ECTS) including a final examination.
Graduates may then continue for two more years to obtain a Master’s level (Second cycle) degree. Master’s level degree courses provide advanced academic study programmes designed to prepare students for high qualified positions in specific sectors. The student is required to earn 120 credits (ECTS) during the two-year period and present an original thesis under the guidance of a course professor.
There are also single-cycle Master’s level degree programmes (not divided into first-level Bachelor’s followed by two years of Master’s level study) which are regulated by EU guidelines and require the student to follow a 5/6 year Master’s level academic programme. In this case a student earns 300 credits in five years or 360 credits in 6 years and presents a final thesis upon completion of ECTS requirements.
Some of our degree courses are international courses which offer:
- Courses held in English and/or Italian and include study periods abroad. Graduates obtain a double/multiple or joint degree.
- Courses held entirely in English. Graduates obtain a degree from the University of L'Aquila or in conjunction with other Italian universities in the case of national agreements with other institutions. To see our international degree courses only, click here.
- Go to the Course catalogue to read the objectives and learning outcomes of the Degree programmes and to search for teaching units
- Click on Degree course title below to get a quick information.
- Click on Department name to see the Department profile.
Some of our degree programs offer the opportunity to selected students to enrol in Path of Excellence, as approved by the Academic Senate (No. 224/2013 of 14.11.2013).
The Path of Excellence is a program integrated with the regular study programme, addressed to students willing to deepen their knowledge and capabilities through extra-curricular activities in selected topics. Completion of the Path of Excellence will be recorded on the student's career and awarded with a prize, the amount of which is decided on a yearly basis.
To see our degree courses with Path of Excellence only, click here.
Order degree courses by: Department - Title
List of Bachelor’s and Master’s level courses ordered by title
Meetings, conferences, seminars
UNIVAQ Online learning platform
Institutional Research Information System
Historical notes and practical information
Info, Online bulletin board